The truth is our project is an overwhelming economic success. For nearly fifteen years now, our project has delivered the lowest cable rates in North America to the 14,000 residents of Glasgow, KY. We sell a 70 channel cable package for $18.95 per month. Those savings to the 8,000 homes and businesses in Glasgow over the last fifteen years now total over $32 million.
2014 Broadband Communities Summit In Austin, Texas Set for April 8 - 10
The 2014 Broadband Communities Summit is scheduled for April 8 - 10 in Austin, Texas.
Chris Mitchell will be speaking at 3 p.m. on April 8 during the Economic Development Program as part of the talk titled "Economic Development: The Killer App." Chris will be back on April 10th to speak during the Rural TeleCon segment. He will present information on the state of broadband in regions that continue to struggle with connectivity. The "Envisioning a Future for Broadband Deployment" panel from 11:00 a.m. - 12:20 p.m. CST.
Other panel discussions in the Rural TeleCon segment will be:
- The Bandwidth of the States: Where They Stand in 2014 (a quick review of broadband in all 50 states as stimulus projects roll out)
- Financing Future Bandwidth
- Disruptive Technology Is Spurring Learning In the Classroom
- Measuring Prosperity from Rural Broadband Utilization
- Cool Things Rural Communities Are Doing With Broadband